Mar 19, 2015, 5:07 am
- Men/Women High School Teams
- Dates: June 22,23,24 2015
- Locations: Laney High School (Michael Jordan Gymnasium) Trask Middle, Holly Shelter Middle School, Northside Baptist Church facility, Noble Middle School and Wrightsborro Baptist Church
- Game Times: We are confident we will have all the gyms listed barring some last minute change. This means limited games ran on small courts. We will do all we can to keep them minimum if any this year.
- Affordable Hotels: Book hotels under Fred Lynch Invitational block at http://www.mainstaywilmingtonnc.com and http://www.sleepinnwilmingtonnc.com $88.00 per nite rooms that sleep 5 athletes. These guys are sponsors, please book rooms here as you will not find a cheaper rate and quality hotel in Wilmington, NC. Ask for Bill Swinson if any problems.
- Cost: $285 (7 games) or 1 Day $150 (3 Games) Most cost effective event you will find, 3 games on day 1, 3 games on day 2, and at least 1 game in tournament play.
- Daily/Tournament Charge: The Head Coach, 1 Assistant Coach or Bus Driver, and Spouse per team will be allowed free of charge during the Fred Lynch Invitational.
- Set Up: Pool play games for two days with single game elimination tournament on third day. There will be 3 tournament champions in 3 divisions Gold, Silver, & Bronze.
- Website: Please refer to Laneybasketball.net for game schedule, updates and info prior, during, and after the event.
- Checks Payable: Laney High School Men’s Basketball & send to Laney High School 2700 North College Road, Wilmington NC 28405
- Coaches Social: Super Coaches Social, top notch in beautiful downtown Wilmington w/ special speaker.
- Contact: Nathan Faulk 910-620-3027 (Head Coach) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline: May 29, 2015 for all checks (NO EXCEPTIONS)
Last Year we had 55 men’s teams 16 women’s teams with 3 great days of basketball. We have an expectation of at least 70+ teams participating this year. The FLI Invitation has proven to help teams and coaches enhance their team’s development. The competition level is “second to none” with area teams as well as teams from Greenville, Raleigh, and Fayetteville. Once again with Big Shots it is starting to become a national event. College coaches are in attendance every day scouting players; we had at least 15 colleges in attendance as well as Juco Junction, Phenom Hoops, and Big Shots recruiting services.
"We are already making plans to come back next year," James Robinson, Smithfield Selma Head Coach
"Most competitive Jamboree we have played on. It will help us prepare for next season. Well organized event and look forward to next year." Patty Evers, Head Coach - East Bladen High School
"The FLI provides teams a great opportunity to play against competition on your level that you don't see during the season. It's affordable and a huge savings for those without a big budget to work with when compared to attending team camps at a college campus. The FLI works with Big Shots and college coaches help get your players recruited and on the map! We've been to the FLI since it started and will continue to go every year!" Kent Blooms Garner High School NCHSAA State Champs